EPIC Piping is one of the largest privately-owned turn-key industrial pipe fabrication firms in the world. Our management team has been working together for over 26 years servicing the power, chemical, refining, offshore and oil & gas industries. EPIC’s global fabrication capacity currently exceeds 1 million sq. Ft, with a total production capacity of 20,000 spools per month at multiple facilities. Our fabrication capabilities include: carbon steel, chrome moly, stainless steels, duplex steels, nickel based alloys, and jacketed piping.
We are currently seeking goal oriented, energetic and an experienced Welders to join our dynamic company.Our welding test specifications are:
2" super Coupon, Tig Process, 6G Open Root, full Penetration-This will be X-Rayed for results
Schedule 160 G position, Open Root (V Groove), Down hill Root short circuit mode, uphill fill and cap pulse mode-Will X-Ray for results, destructive testing (4 side bends)
Health benefits begin on the 1st of the following month of hire
2 Weeks’ vacation per year(accrued)
8 paid holidays per year
Company paid term life and Long-Term disability insurance
Evaluations every June and December with the potential for merit increases based on satisfactory progress
On the job training available to qualified employees
Use hand-welding or flame-cutting equipment to weld or join metal components or to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Comply with safety and environmental guidelines, policies and regulations.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Remove rough spots from workpieces, using portable grinders, hand files or scrapers.
- Chip or grind off excess weld, slag or spatter, using hand scrapers or power chippers, portable grinders or arc-cutting equipment.
- Weld components in 1F, 2F, 3F (if applying for plate welders)
- Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as GMAW, GTAW, FCAW, SMAW, and SAW.
- Complete internal training/qualification consisting of qualitative and quantitative competency guidelines focusing on carbon steel joining.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) Required; Associate's Degree (two-year college or technical school) or Work Equivalent preferred
Experience: 1+ years of experience in Welding (technical job training will be provided on-site); Previous internal completion of carbon steel training/qualification a plus
Physical Requirements: Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Protective eyewear, gloves, and weld hood) and other PPE as required by the job duties, tasks assigned, and/or company guidelines.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.