Repair, install, adjust, or maintain industrial production and processing machinery.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Repair or maintain the operating condition of industrial production or processing machinery or equipment.
• Repair or replace broken or malfunctioning components of machinery or equipment.
• Disassemble machinery or equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
• Observe and test the operation of machinery or equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters or other testing devices.
• Reassemble equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs.
• Clean, lubricate, or adjust parts, equipment, or machinery.
• Examine parts for defects, such as breakage or excessive wear.
• Operate newly repaired machinery or equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs.
• Analyze test results, machine error messages, or information obtained from operators to diagnose equipment problems.
• Record parts or materials used and order or requisition new parts or materials as necessary.
• Record repairs and maintenance performed.
• Study blueprints or manufacturers' manuals to determine correct installation or operation of machinery.
• Cut and weld metal to repair broken metal parts, fabricate new parts, or assemble new equipment.
• Enter codes and instructions to program computer-controlled machinery.
• Demonstrate equipment functions and features to machine operators.
• Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
• Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Preferred; 5 plus years relevant experience may be considered in lieu of education
Experience: 1 plus years of experience in Industrial Mechanic Field
Computer Skills: None specifically required
Certifications & Licenses: None specifically required
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this position.
Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.