EPIC Piping is one of the largest privately-owned turn-key industrial pipe fabrication firms in the world. Our management team has been working together for over 26 years servicing the power, chemical, refining, offshore and oil & gas industries. EPIC’s global fabrication capacity currently exceeds 1 million sq. Ft, with a total production capacity of 20,000 spools per month at multiple facilities. Our fabrication capabilities include: carbon steel, chrome moly, stainless steels, duplex steels, nickel based alloys, and jacketed piping.
We are currently seeking goal oriented, energetic and an experienced Fitter to join our dynamic company.
Health benefits begin on the 1st of the following month of hire
2 Weeks’ vacation per year(accrued)
8 paid holidays per year
Company paid term life and Long-Term disability insurance
Evaluations every June and December with the potential for merit increases based on satisfactory progress
On the job training available to employees
Lays out, aligns and welds fabricated, cast and forged components to assemble structural forms such as machinery frames, tanks, pressure vessels, furnace shells, buildings and pipe, according to blueprints and metallurgy.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statements
- Comply with safety and environmental guidelines, policies and regulations.
- Selects type and size of pipe or other related materials and equipment according to specifications. - Selects equipment and plans layouts, assembly, and welding, applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining, weld shrinkage and welding techniques.
- May be required to use Gas-Metal Arc, Flux-Cored Arc, Gas-Tungsten Arc, Submerged Arc, or Shielded Metal Arc welding processes.
- Lay out, positions, aligns and fits components together in various body positions. - Bolts, clamps and welds together metal components of products such as piping systems, plate, pipe and tube or structural shapes, using arc and arc gas welding equipment. May weld in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead position. May tack weld assemblies together.
- Connects cable from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope and pulse as specified by procedure or supervisor.
- Apply filler rod to supply weld metal. May clean or degrease weld joint or workplace, using wire brush, portable grinder, or chemical bath.
- Remove excess weld, defective weld material, slag and spatter, using carbon arc gouge, hand scrapper, grinder or power chipper.
- Preheat work piece, using hand torch or heating furnace
- Cut metal plates or structural shapes.
- Examine weld for bead size and other specifications.
- Loads, transports and unloads material, tools, equipment and supplies.
- May assist in lifting, positioning and securing of materials and work pieces during installation.
- Perform minor maintenance or cleaning activities of tools and equipment.
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
Experience: Experience in field or in a related area
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.