Responsible for evaluating, analyzing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining application software systems used to support aspects of the company. The Programmer Analyst will also be a lead role in managing projects for tasks assigned.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Supports technology projects throughout the planning and delivery cycles.
- Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project
- Provides business application support through documentation, user training, and incident management
- Meets with IT customers to problem solve and define needs
- Produces action plans, including identification of tasks, resources needed and time frames
- Researches and analyzes requirements and translates business requirements into product designs.
- Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation.
- Assesses programs as needed, receives feedback and recommends modifications
- Follows up on the status of assigned tasks and update to production when approved
- Acts as the primary contact for business leaders and users for task management, application, projects and design
• Autonomy - Ability to work independently with little to no direction and may also lead projects.
• Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
• Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
• Delegating Responsibility - Ability to allocate authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate people.
• Financial Aptitude - Ability to understand and explain economic and accounting information, prepare and manage budgets, and make sound long-term investment decisions.
• Innovative - Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
• Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
• Strategic Planning - Ability to develop a vision for the future and create a culture in which the long range goals can be achieved.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
• Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
Experience: At least 3 years of application development experience, and business application support.
Computer Skills: Experience with SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, Microsoft .NET required. Nice to have experience with an “off-the-shelf” ERP application support (Oracle J. D. Edwards, Oracle E-Business Suite, or others).