Quality Control Supervisor
Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of production and operating workers, such as inspectors, document controllers, and NDT Technicians. Must have experience in supervising employees.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
• Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of goods, such as inspectors,
• Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
• Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
• Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
• Observe work and monitor gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
• Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures, or assign employee training to experienced workers.
• Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
• Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
• Requisition materials, supplies, equipment parts, or repair services.
• Maintain operations data, such as time, production, and cost records, and prepare management reports of production results.
• Confer with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints, or grievances.
• Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiency.
* Assign/manage work load of dimension/visual inspectors.
• Communication, Oral Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Accountability Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Safety Awareness Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
• Dependability Takes responsibility for own actions; Completed assignments in an ethical and mature manner.
• Accuracy Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Quality of Work Demonstrates competence in required job skills and knowledge; Accuracy, clarity, consistency, and thoroughness of work; Gives feedback for continuous improvement of work product; Understanding and mastery of processes, methods, systems, and procedures.
• Assertiveness Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
• Detail oriented Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Communication, Written Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Organized possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Reliability the trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Honesty / Integrity Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED): preferred
Experience: 1-4 Years in quality environment preferred
Computer Skills: Working knowledge of Microsoft office preferred, Xenon Weld Logging, NDE Selection/NDE Report Entry Preferred
Certifications & Licenses: AWS, CWI/SCWI,CSWi 3.1/3.2 Preferred