Direct responsibility for maintaining general ledger accounts, preparing journal entries and posting to the General Ledger, assisting in inventory and fixed asset management, serving as an intermediary between Operations and the Accounting department, managing operational data, and producing various accounting and financial reports.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Assisting the Accounting Manager and Controller in the direction of the accounting functions of the organization.
• Assisting the Accounting Manager and Controller in ensuring timeliness and accuracy of the financial statements.
• Analyzing variances, preparing explanations, and providing support for actual vs. budgeted performance.
• Presenting the various accounting reports to the top management and making suitable observations and recommendations.
• Managing operational data and maintaining data accuracy and integrity.
• Preventing inaccuracies in financial statements by setting up internal control systems and adopting proper policies for financial reporting.
• Reviewing financial data to ensure fairness and completeness of the data.
• Assisting in the development of system controls for ensuring data integrity.
• Developing proper operational data documentation and troubleshooting procedures.
• Conducting account reconciliations and analysis.
• Assisting in the company’s monthly and yearly closing.
• Assisting in special projects.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting - Required
Experience: 1- 3 years in the Accounting field
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Excel – Required; Experience with JD Edwards - Preferred
Certifications & Licenses: CPA or CPA Candidate - Preferred