Human Resources Generalist - Bilingual Required
Responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR management in supporting designated geographic regions. This position carries out responsibilities in the following areas: employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action, and employment law compliance.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Administers various human resource plans and procedures for personnel; assists in the implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Maintains records, reports, and logs.
- Conducts recruitment effort for exempt and non-exempt personnel; conducts new-employee orientations.
- Handles employee relations, counseling, and exit interviewing.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve the efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports.
- Maintain personnel records.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal regulations by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Productivity - Met previously established goals and objectives.
• Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree: Required
3 to 5 years’ experience in Human Resources
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office; Various Reporting Systems
Certifications & Licenses: None specifically required
Bilingual in both English and Spanish required