Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of production and operating workers, such as inspectors, precision workers, machine setters and operators, assemblers, fabricators, and plant and system operators.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
• Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production of products, such as Welders, Tackers, Fitters, Maintenance employees, Cutters, Check Out, Hydro Operations, and all aspects of pipe fabrication.
• Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
• Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
• Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
• Observe work and monitor gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
• Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures, or assign employee training to experienced workers.
• Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
• Keep records of employees' attendance and hours worked.
• Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
• Requisitions materials, supplies, equipment parts, or repair services.
• Maintain operations data, such as time, production, and cost records, and prepare management reports of production results.
• Determine standards, budgets, production goals, and rates, based on company policies, equipment and labor availability, and workloads.
• Confer with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints, or grievances.
• Set up machines and equipment.
• Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiency.
• Recommend or execute personnel actions, such as hiring, evaluations, and promotions.
• Calculate labor and equipment requirements and production specifications, using standard formulas.
• Plan and develop new products and production processes.
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
• Delegating Responsibility - Ability to allocate authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate people.
• Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
• Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
• Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
• Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
• Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
• Resource Management (People & Equipment) - Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
• Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
• Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree: Preferred; 5 plus years of Fabrication experience may be considered in lieu of education
Experience: 5 plus years’ experience
Computer Skills: None specifically required
Certifications & Licenses: None specifically required
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this position.
Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.