The buyer is responsible for sourcing and procuring tubular steel products for pipe spooling.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Maintain and strengthen relationships with suppliers.
• Develop new supply sources when needed.
• Negotiate lower costs with vendors.
• Measure and track internal performance and responsible spend.
• Approve purchase orders and invoices based on approval levels.
• Ensure proper documentation is sent from the suppliers and that all purchasing activities adhere to established policies and procedures.
• Be aware of market forces which have significant bearing on relevant negotiations or future purchases.
• Pursue cost reductions on a continuing basis.
• Work with vendors both on-site and off-site to maintain proper inventory levels, quality and delivery for purchased items.
• Ability to negotiate and maintain contract agreements for strategic commodities.
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
• Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Tactful - Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
• Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
• Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
• Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Preferred
Experience: At least 1 yr of relevant work experience
Computer Skills: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and intermediate knowledge of full Microsoft Office Suite.
Certifications & Licenses: None specifically required
Other Requirements: Knowledge of contracts and materials market.