Material Handler - Shipping
Effectively prepare and load items on to outgoing trucks for shipment.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Comply and ensure compliance with safety and environmental guidelines and regulations.
• Confirm accuracy of material being delivered.
• Confirm accuracy of material being pulled and delivered to production bays.
• Assist in the development of relevant processes and procedures.
• Address material shorts as requested by Material Control.
• Assist with material reconciliations at job closeouts as requested.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
• Safely operate any manual handling equipment required to perform responsibilities.
• Use proper stacking and pulling processes.
• Safely utilize ramp to load and unload materials.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Preferred
Material Handler I: 1 year of relevant experience
Material Handler II: 2-3 years of relevant experience
Material Handler II: 3 plus years of relevant experience
Computer Skills: Not Applicable
Certifications & Licenses: None specifically required
Other Requirements: Ability to pass forklift training; Knowledge of piping materials (visual and descriptions)
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this position.
Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.